CAPDA runs regular training workshops for parents and carers of children with disabilities. Each workshop addresses a particular issue and outlines its causes, treatments and methods of prevention.
Past workshops have dealt with:
- handling and positioning techniques
- exercises to improve mobility and ease of care
- problem solving
- encouraging empathy and awareness of the impact of disabilities
- intellectual disabilities
- prevention of secondary problems
- education of children with disabilities
We try to tailor our workshops not only to address problems we have observed, but also to answer specific questions asked by the carers.